Calling For The Status of Claims

Extended Family: Either parent can sign an authorization for a stepparent, grandparent, or another person to have a copy of the child’s records or discuss the records with someone at the practice. It is a parental right, and the other parent can’t block that without legal documentation.

However, state law on custody can influence this issue. Depending on custody arrangements, it may take both parents to agree. You don’t have access to the custody agreement and its implications. When you are presented with a conflict take the stance of restricting the release until you are presented with an agreement between the parents or a legal document. You do not have to be put in the middle of a parental dispute. Consult your own lawyer if needed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: